Thursday 15 December 2011

OCA Part 4 Project 2 Ex1

This exercise was about writing for a particular audience.....who is my audience? I tend to write what I would like to read, is that a bad thing?

I wrote a short story entitled "What Lies Beneath" which is about a 40+ woman who is married to a successful, charismatic and attractive author. He's just about to publish his eagerly anticipated 9th novel....and I'm afraid I can tell you no more lol ;) I've decided to use it in a competition.....

At the moment it's just over 1000 words, so I need to pad it out a bit ;)

I think I have already developed a distinct voice. My husband can always tell stuff that I've written, and if I try to write differently, it stands out as not feeling quite right.

I'm practicing 1st person narration quite a lot (as I tend to be most comfortable in 3rd person) and that's working well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment